If you are having trouble logging in to Blackboard, My.花季视频, or other campus technologies, please contact 花季视频 IT Services. This page has a link to the Portalguard User Guide, which can address all of the questions related to password management.
If you continue to experience problems, contact the Technology Support Service Desk
Online Course Login Questions
Students frequently experience logon problems at the beginning of each semester. Do not assume that you have done something wrong; the problems normally will be resolved within a day or two. If you continue to experience problems, contact Technology Support at 479-788-7460.
You must enter your 花季视频 user ID and password to log in to online courses. Make sure your capitalization is correct; user IDs and passwords are case-sensitive.
- If you do not have a 花季视频 user ID and password, go to the Admissions Office to request them.
- If you enter the user ID and password correctly and still cannot log in, contact Technology Support at 479-788-7460.
These online courses will be removed from the Blackboard system after one year.
If you are looking for your online course for the next semester, it may not have been released or created by your instructor yet. Your instructor determines the appropriate time to release the courses. All online courses should be available to students a day or two before the new semester starts. If the semester has started and you still cannot see your online course on the course list, contact your instructor as soon as possible.
A required password means that you must take the test in a proctored (supervised) test environment. You will need to take the test at the Academic Success Center (ASC) on campus or an approved site off campus. The proctor will log in to the test for you.
- If you use a dial-up or low bandwidth internet connection, you will encounter this problem regularly. The solution to this problem is to subscribe to a high-speed internet connection or use a computer in any lab on campus or at any public library.
- When the browser鈥檚 cache gets too full, it can slow down your web browser. You can speed up your internet access by clearing your web cache. This is the space reserved for temporary files.
- Here are instructions for clearing the cachein Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari for Mac or iPhone, and Java.
- Clear the browser or Java cache as instructed above
- Log out of Blackboard, log back in again
- Shut down the computer and wait 30 seconds before restarting
- You may have attached a shortcut of the file to your assignment. Make sure the file you attach to an assignment has the correct file extension: e.g. a Word document has the extension ".doc" or ".docx;" a PowerPoint file has the extension ".ppt."
- You may have attached the temporary copy of the file if you have been working on the file and attached the file to an assignment without closing the working copy of the file. Make sure to close the file before attaching it to the assignment.
- Move the cursor toward the red "X" where normally the My Computer icon is located.
- When the cursor changes from an arrow to a hand, click the mouse button to bring up the Browse window.
You need to allow pop-ups. The following are instructions for three commonly used
Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 10
Mozilla Firefox, version 27
- Click the Firefox menu button (or "Tools" if the menu bar is visible)
- Click "Options"
- Click the "Content Tab"
- Clear the check box for "Block Pop-up Windows"
- Alternatively, you can set the pop-up blocker to recognize 花季视频 sites
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click "Exceptions"
- Click "Add"
- Click "Close"
- Click "OK"
Google Chrome, version 39
- Click the "Customize" button
- Click "Settings"
- Click "Show 花季视频d Settings"
- Under Privacy, click "Content Settings"
- Under Pop-ups, click the option for "Allow All Sites to Show Pop-ups"
- Alternatively, you can click the option for "Do Not Allow Any Site to Show Pop-ups" and manage exceptions
- Click "Manage Exceptions"
- Type "[*.]uafs.edu" in the text box
- Click "Allow" in the drop-down menu
- Click "Done"
- Click "Done"
Wireless & Network Questions
Yes, wireless access is available in every building on the campus, including student housing. You can also connect to the internet anywhere on campus if you are not too far away from a building or if you are close to a wireless hot spot.
- For more details on connecting to the campus 5210 wireless network, see the for information on configuring Windows, Mac, and mobile devices.